IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO ORAL SURGERY
- Expect 3-5 days for recovery.
- Take medication, as prescribed by your surgeon. Discontinue medications ONLY WHEN DIRECTED BY THE DOCTOR( eg: Aspirin, eliquis, xarelto…)
- Prepare ice packs, soft foods such as yogurt, oatmeal, Jell-O, pureed foods, ice cream, omelette and soups. You may also get food supplements such as Ensure or Boost.
- Please advise the surgeon if your medical condition has changed, or you are taking any new medication since your last visit.
- Please bring the required fees, as per your estimate, payable by cash, Interac, Visa, Master Card or American Express.
- A minimum 48-hour cancellation notice is required to avoid cancellation fees.
- For dental implants cases only, remember to bring your surgical guide with you on the day of your surgery( when indicated by the surgeon)
IF YOU ARE TAKING I.V. SEDATION or LAUGHING GAS
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 8 hours prior to surgery (you may drink a small amout of water with your prescribed medications)
- A responsible adult MUST ACCOMPANY YOU to your surgery with a car, drive you home, and be with you for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Expect to be drowsy and plan to rest at home for 24 hours
- No alcohol, driving or operating dangerous machinery for 24 hours or longer, if drowsiness persists
- Ladies must remove nail polish and lipstick
- Wear loose-fitting clothes. Do not wear your contact lenses.
IF YOU ARE TAKING ATIVAN
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 4 hours prior to surgery
- A responsible adult MUST ACCOMPANY YOU to your surgery with a car, drive you home, and be with you for the first 24 hours after surgery